Book your end of term transport here.
We have been running since 2005 and have successfully provided close on 500 000 lifts within Grahamstown and 4000 airport transfers. This is our 9th year of service.
We have a route that runs through campus every 20mins with 7 pickup points (Hill Top Res's, Centenary House Parking Lot, Kimberely Hall Stop Street, New House, Milner House, Jac Labs and the Exit of Peppergrove Mall). All the member has to do is jump on, show his/her membership card and tell the driver where they are going. THE MEMBER MAY GO ANYWHERE IN GRAHAMSTOWN FROM THE PICKUP POINT AFTER THE DRIVER HAS REACHED THE LAST STOP.
Campus Route Map
Download the Rhode Trip 2012 Campus Route Map here
Sprinter and Quantum will leave from Jac Labs everyday at 5pm
"Drink Driving is not an Accident. It is a Choice."
"Friends Don't Let Friends Drink then Drive."
Section 21 No. 2006/024402/08
PBO No. 9300023011
Rhode Trip's primary aim is to diminish parents fears of sending their child away to University and providing a simplified lifestyle to students through offering an alternative method of getting from A-B.
Rhode Trip provides a shuttle service to the students of Rhodes University in Grahamstown, on a membership basis.
Rhodes University has endorsed Rhode Trip as being their primary choice in terms of transport for their students. Both "Digs" and "Residence" students are able to partake in this service and can simply sms or call in order to be collected and driven to their destination.
Membership and Pricing (2013)
There are two membership options available:
1. Full Annual membership - This allows the member to unlimited lifts to and from any destination within Grahamstown during our operating hours in official Rhodes University term time. This is available on the following Payment options
- R2700 via EFT
- R2950 debited to STUDENT ACCOUNT
- R800 per term debited to STUDENT ACCOUNT
2. NEW Rhodent Annual Membership - This membership allows the member to only use Rhode Trip from 11pm till closing time Wednesday -> Saturday to get home safely from our collection point on NEW Street Opposite The Rat/Friar Tucks in official Rhodes University term time. This is available on the following Payment option
- R1000 via EFT
- R1100 debited to STUDENT ACCOUNT
- R350 per term debited to STUDENT ACCOUNT
Collection point is Corner of NEW & Bertram Street 50metres away from all places of entertainment. Rhode Trip stops outside every half hour from 11pm till close from Wednesday to Saturday.
**All memberships are annual. The choice is how you wish to pay. Once off payments may be transferred directly into Rhode Trip Bank Account or debited to your student account. (Please ensure you select the correct box on the sign-up form). Please note that if you select to pay via EFT or on debit order and fail to make payment, the amount will be charged to your student account equal to that of student account amounts above.
Each member will receive their own membership card with photo ID from our offices in the Union Building. This eliminates the worry of having cash on hand when needing the service.